Friday, January 6, 2012

Overdue 2.0

This post was overdue too, should've been up in 2011, my bad, AGAIN~
Photo montage of design on site
Project : Hiker's lodge
Task : Design a hiker's clubhouse . Design must be site and user specific.

Design concept : To not disrupt the main circulation on site, by integrating it into the design.

 Form : Follows the natural curves of the site contour and build around existing trees.

Final model at scale 1:100

For this assignment, I had chose to go ORGANIC , mostly because I form the spaces based on the curvy contours on site, as stated above .Another reason is cz hiker's love excitements and challenges, and curves are perfect to express that :) The thing I like most about this design is the sharp U-turn along the rocky ramp which turns back and into the clubhouse, forming the entrance *Quite a dramatic entrance, lol* Reason I like it is because at the sharp U-turn point, there is no walls and it's freaking 4m high. So standing there, it will seem as if you're at the edge of a clift, with no ropes attached, that's kinda scary no?

Final presentation board. READ TO UNDERSTAND DESIGN MORE.


External crit went pretty well, despite the part where I had really terrible cough and flu. It made me sound like a duck =.= Loveeeee my crit, Mr.Gary, he's  a-w-e-s-o-m-eeee.  His opinions and feedback, priceless :) Hope he'll be there for my next crit, by then, I hope I have improvements to show that'll make him proud~

Self-rating : Good, but can be better. Lots and lots of improvements awaits me :)

and with this, I shall lay down a big fat full stop to sem2. *cheers for surviving another sem* :D

No comments:

Post a Comment