Sunday, March 13, 2011

Outer. Inner. Me.

So our first assignment for archi studio one was to design a mask that expresses our self identity. For me, I would like to express the inner and outer me. The outer me, is the first impression I usually give people > serious, plain, ordinary, organized, basically nothing much. However, the inner me is actually full of emotion, crazy, fun, outgoing and basically A LOT more compared to the outer me. In order to express that, I decided to divide my mask into two parts, one showing outer and the other showing inner. We are only allowed to use one material and NO GLUE! So i chose straws because they can be connected into various shapes and most importantly it kinda represents what I wana express. Don't get what I mean? Well, when you see a normal straw, it's very dull and boring right? But if u bend it or cut it or fold it or whatsoever, it's actually very fun and interesting to play with. That's exactly what I want to express > Get to know me better to discover the true me :)

Submission is only few days away. Fingers crossed, hope I can complete it on time and most importantly, hope the outcome will be great. Pray hard! *prays for Japan too!*


The prototype.

Progressing.........

3.15am and still working....can see hair dy damn messy :/



Good luck me and of course all the best too to my fellow classmates~ We can do it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment